Basic instructions for using the Dantec Clavis device
1. Make sure you have a fresh fully charged battery installed
2. Ensure the skin is clean and dry in the area where the electrodes are
to be attached.
3. Attach one electrode to the patient on a bony part near the injection
site and insert the lead from this to the GREEN (ground) port on the
4. Insert another disposable surface electrode into one of the Red ports
(it makes no difference which one)
5. Attach the RED electrode to the patient about 8cm from the injection
6. Insert the lead from the needle into the black port of the CLAVIS
7. Insert the needle into the muscle to be injected and turn on the
8. For Stimulation mode, press the STIM button on the Clavis.
9.Slowly increase the stimulation by pressing the up button next to the
STIM button until you see a muscle twitch. If it' s a deep or large
muscle you may need to change the Pulse Width to 0.2ms - press the
button marked ms to change between 0.1 and 0.2. You can also change
the pulse frequency from 1Hz to 2Hz by pressing the Hz button.
10. To use the EMG mode, simply press the EMG button and increase
the volume to suitable level.
11. If you have trouble getting a good EMG sound (excessive noise) or
a good stimulation, you can use a second RED electrode and attach near
the first one.