Quick Reference Guide
This Quick Reference Guide has been produced to assist Healthcare
Professionals and other users with only the functional aspects of the
system. The guide does not replace the general safety warnings, cautions
and recommendations provided in the product instructions for use, part
Refer to the product instructions for use before using this product.
Take each adjustment cord in turn
and attach to the sling
Use the hanset to operate
If necessary, turn the lower override
knob to lower the resident
If necessary, push the red emergency
stop button to stop electric movement
Warning: The Pro-Active knee pad can be removed to allow knee or
walking exercise. Ensure that when the knee pad is removed, the
adjoining support bracket is always removed before starting therapy.
When refitting, ensure the pad is reinserted and covers the support
bracket. Failure to do so could result in serious injury.
1. Fit the sling to the resident, ensuring correct size is used. Ensure Velcro strap is fastened securely
and residents arms are outside the sling.
2. Position the SARA PLUS in front of the resident, open the chassis legs if necessary, assist in placing
residents feet on the foot support with their knees touching the kneepad and apply castor brakes,
allow resident to hold hand grips and rest their arms on the Arc-Rest™.
3. Adjust height of Arc-Rest to its lowest position and adjust kneepad if necessary.
4. Attach the sling to the cord attachments and pull cords to eliminate slack.
5. Using the handset or dual control, raise the resident to a standing position.
6. Release brakes, close-up legs and transport resident to chair, bed or toilet.
7. Position the resident in front of chair, bed or toilet with the back of their legs touching the chair etc.
and lower to a sitting position.
8. Release tension on the cords and remove cords from the sling.
9. Remove the SARA PLUS, taking care to remove the residents feet from the foot support.
10. Remove the sling from around the resident.
1. Manoeuvring handle
2. Battery pack
3. Brake castors (rear)
4. Chassis legs
5. Front castors (unbraked)
6. Foot support (removable)
7. Commode pan (optional)
8. Commode seat and frame (optional)
9. Proactive Pad™ (Adjustable)
10. Sling atttachment cords
11. Arc-Rest™ (Supportive arm rests with hand
12. Detail view of cord locking cleats
13. Dual control panel
14. Control handset
15. System failure lower override knob
16. Handset cable connection
17. Battery discharge indicator
18. Power on / reset button (green)
19. Power off button (red)
20. Hour meter
21. Scale display panel (if fitted)
22. Emergency stop button
® and ™ are trademarks belonging to the ArjoHuntleigh group of companies.
© ArjoHuntleigh 2013
As our policy is one of continuous improvement, we reserve the right to modify designs without prior notice. The content of this
publication may not be copied either wholly or in part without the consent of ArjoHuntleigh.
Hans Michelsensgatan 10
211 20 Malmö, Sweden