AESCULAP CASE CART, WASH RACK, STORAGE RACK
The Aesculap case carts, wash racks and storage racks are intended to hold reusable rigid containers, single use
wrapped packages and accessories, as applicable, during washing, storage and transport to/from the Operating
Room. Unless explicitly stated, these products are NOT for transport outside a healthcare facility.
CARE AND HANDLING:
Do not use abrasive cleaners, metal brushes, or abrasive cleaning pads. Use of abrasive products can cause
permanent damage to surfaces. Use of abrasive cleaners or pads will result in warranty exclusion.
INSPECTION PRIOR TO USE:
Product should be free from:
• Noticeable cracking, corrosion, pitting and damage
• Any misalignment in which moving parts do not adequately mate
If above conditions are not met, do not use, please repair or replace.
Moving parts such as wheels and caster should move with appropriate ease – if not lubricate with suitable
oil or repair
Use only mild, sodium carbonate‐free, neutral pH (7) detergents to clean effectively without causing damage to
the surface. If in doubt, contact the detergent manufacturer or supplier to determine suitability for use in
cleaning the Aesculap product and material.
1. Remove all visible bio‐burden and debris
1. Use a soft sponge and a mild detergent and clean the product per hospital policies
2. Rinse thoroughly to remove all detergent residue
3. Thoroughly dry all components with a soft dry cloth.
Always wear proper protective personal attire when cleaning
1. Secure doors open, if applicable, place the product in the washer, tilt down if possible to avoid water
2. Secure movable shelves and other items, if applicable, to minimize damage to washer and product
3. Thoroughly dry (either with a soft, dry cloth or air dry) the components before use.
If you have further questions regarding cleaning practices, contact your local Aesculap Sales Representative or
the Customer Service department at 1‐800‐282‐9000
ASSEMBLY FOR USE:
Position items such as rigid sterile containers, wrapped instrument sets, peel pouches etc, to ensure items are
secure on or in the product, for applicable use. Please refer to AAMI ST79 for additional information on loading
615 Lambert Pointe Dr.
Hazelwood, MO 63042
Customer Service: 1‐800‐282‐9000
SOP‐AIC‐5001101 Rev. 01
Effective Date: 07/17/12