Assembly and disassembly of Switch-Blade
Snowden-Pencer surgical instruments
1. Remove tip from sterile packaging.
1. Close blades.
2. Ensure blades are closed and protective clear
cap is on.
2. Replace protective clear cap on scissors.
3. Close handle. Grasp instrument shaft.
3. Grasp the instrument shaft. Do not grasp
4. Thread the tip onto the shaft, turning clockwise,
and tighten by hand.
4. Unthread tip from shaft in a counterclockwise
motion. Spread handle rings.
5. Remove and save protective clear cap.
6. Open handle until audible “click” is heard.
5. Pull tip off in straight motion from the shaft.
Do not bend the tip down as this can damage
the shaft of the instrument.
6. Discard scissor tip in accordance with
7. Perform visual inspection of blades to confirm
blades will move by opening and closing the
handle and verifying the connection.
7. Open handle for visual inspection of
8. Ensure ball is not damaged.
Think Blue for ergonomics,
versatility and durability.
Next generation Snowden-Pencer instruments all
have ergonomic blue handles.
For more information or to place an order, please contact your V. Mueller /Snowden-Pencer
sales representative, call customer service at 800.323.9088 or visit carefusion.com/thinkblue.
© 2011 CareFusion Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. V. Mueller, Snowden-Pencer and Switch-Blade are
trademarks or registered trademarks of CareFusion Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. VM0929 (1111/500)
Reusable handle and shaft, 36cm
Reusable handle and shaft, 45cm
Disposable curved METZ scissor tip
Disposable curved mini-METZ scissor tip
Disposable straight scissor tip
These instructions are intended as a reference. Please read the complete Instructions for Use
that come with the Switch-Blade scissors for more detailed directions.