Sonicision™ Cordless Ultrasonic Dissection System
Cleaning and Sterilization Guide (Refer to User’s Guide for complete instructions)
2 0 1 3 GOLD WINNER
1. Preparation for Cleaning
3. Manual Cleaning
5. Disinfecting (optional)
• Inspect the generator, battery and
sterilization tray for damage. Replace if
• Prepare a solution of pH neutral, pH
neutral enzymatic or alkaline detergent
in accordance with the manufacturer’s
• Manually clean the battery, generator
and sterilization tray using a stiff, nylonbristle brush and the detergent solution.
• Thoroughly clean the generator retention
ring, generator seam, battery seam,
battery pack release latch and battery
contact points. Do not use abrasive
cleaning agents or metal cleaning tools,
such as stainless steel brushes.
• Thoroughly rinse components with clean
• Dry generator, battery and sterilization
tray with a clean, lint-free cloth. With
cool, clean oil-free air, blow dry all
components until completely dry.
• If facility processes require
disinfection prior to sterilization,
wipe the surfaces of the generator,
battery and sterilization tray with an
isopropyl-alcohol (up to 100%) surface
• Soak the generator, battery and
sterilization tray in the detergent mix for
5 to 10 minutes.
CAUTION: DO NOT wash components in automatic instrument washer or ultrasonic washer.
Charge Status Light Indicator Chart
B attery is fully charged and can be sterilized for use.
B attery is charging. Do not remove the battery until the charge
Charging a Battery
1. Verify the battery and charger are clean.
2. Insert battery into a charger bay until battery is
Note the color of the illuminated battery status LED.
3. When fully charged, remove battery from charger
cycle is complete and the status light turns green.
Battery has reached its maximum usage or is otherwise
nonfunctional. Do not use. Recycle or properly dispose of the
The charger bay is unusable. Insert a known functional battery into
the bay. If the condition persists, use another bay to charge the
battery. Contact Covidien to order a replacement charger.
CAUTION: The batteries must be sterilized AFTER charging. Do not sterilize batteries before charging.
1. E nsure generator, battery and sterilization tray are
clean and dry before sterilization.
2. P lace the generator and battery in the tray.
over sterilization tray base with lid and latch.
tilize one of the following sterilization configurations:
Polypropylene Tyvek Pouch
• Single Tyvek Pouch – Place the sterilization tray in a single
compatible Tyvek pouch, and seal according to the manufacturer’s
• Double Tyvek Pouch – Place the sterilization tray within
two compatible Tyvek pouches, and seal according to the
manufacturer’s instructions. The Tyvek side of the inside pouch
must be aligned with the Tyvek side of the outside pouch.
6. Sterilize the generator and battery within the enclosed sterilization
tray using the following STERRAD™* or STERIS V-PRO™* models/
cycles in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions:
STERIS AMSCO™* V-PRO™* 1
STERIS AMSCO™* V-PRO™* 1 Plus
5. F ollow these steps according to the sterile barrier
• Polypropylene Wrap – Wrap the sterilization tray in a
compatible polypropylene sterilization wrap according to
the manufacturer’s instructions.
Standard, Short or Long*
*Short and Long cycles are not available on 100S models sold in the United States
• Store system components at 64° F to 77° F (or 18° C to 25° C).
Elevated temperatures can result in reduced battery-service life.
• Recharge and re-sterilize battery packs after one month of
continuous storage to ensure adequate charge when needed.
CAUTION: DO NOT STEAM AUTOCLAVE, FLASH or use EtO to sterilize any part of the device or accessories.
Use low-temperature hydrogen peroxide sterilization only.
For more information, contact your local sales representative or call the Clinical Hotline at: 1-800-255-8522.
COVIDIEN, COVIDIEN with logo, Covidien logo and positive results for life are U.S. and internationally registered trademarks of Covidien AG.
™* Trademark of its respective owner. Other brands are trademarks of a Covidien company. ©2013 Covidien. US130061 2013/09