For Small Battery Drive II (SBDII) Li-ion battery (532.103)
1. Preparation Before Cleaning
• Before cleaning, remove all instruments and attachments
from the power tool. Remove the battery casing from
the handpiece and then remove the battery from the
• Inspect battery for cracks or damage.
• Wipe off battery with a clean, soft, and lint-free cloth
dampened with deionized water and dry prior to processing.
Note: If the battery is contaminated, spray disinfectant on an absorbent cloth
and wipe clean. Take care not to spray the contacts or touch both contacts at
the same time with the damp cloth due to danger of short circuiting. Do not
immerse into water or clean in washer/disinfector.
• Place the battery into the Universal Battery Charger II**
• Charge the battery. When the green LED illuminates,
the battery is fully charged.
• Upon completion of charging the battery, wipe the
battery with a minimum 70% alcohol-based disinfectant
prior to returning to use.
2. Cleaning and Disinfecting
Wipe off battery with a new clean, soft and lintfree cloth dampened with a minimum 70%
alcohol based disinfectant for thirty (30)
seconds. A disinfectant that is VAH listed, EPA
registered or locally recognized is
recommended. This step has to be repeated
two (2) additional times using a new clean, soft
and lint-free cloth dampened with a minimum
70% alcohol-based disinfectant each time.
4. Wrapping and Labeling
The batteries can either be wrapped or peel
pouched. Follow manufacturer’s instruction
for wrapping that is compatible with the
*For detailed information regarding charging, please refer to the
Universal Battery Charger II User’s Manual.
**Universal Battery Charger II with firmware version 11.0 or higher is
required to charge SBDII Li-ion batteries.
• Process the battery in the STERRAD Systems following
the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Li-Ion battery has been validated with the following:
STERRAD Systems and
6. Storage and Use***
• Battery can be used immediately or stored in
accordance with hospital’s procedures.
• Rotate stock and re-charge unused batteries, as
• Storage of the battery leads to no significant loss of
***For detailed information regarding Storage and Use, please refer
to the Small Battery Drive II User's Manual.
7. STERRAD Sterilized Battery Insertion
• The person wearing the sterile garments performs all of
the steps according to Figure 1 – 8.
• If the sterile battery casing is not opened, then press the
central button to unlock (Fig.1), turn lid sideways (90) as
indicated by arow (Fig. 2) and pull to open (Fig. 3).
Leave the locking mechanism swung outward.
• Insert the sterile battery into the battery casing (Fig. 4)
and press it completely into the battery casing to ensure
a correct seat (Fig. 5).
• Close the casing cover (Fig. 6), turn the lid sideways (90)
until it clicks (Fig. 7).
• Insert the battery casing/pack into the Small Battery
Drive II handpiece (Fig. 8)
• Never expose batteries to temperature over
60ºC/140ºF. The maximum exposure time at 60ºC/140ºF
is 72 hours.
• Do not dismantle, open, or shred batteries.
• Only sterilize batteries (532.103) with a lot number of
140318 or higher in STERRAD Systems. The lot
number is located on the battery below the product
For detailed information regarding using the Small Battery Drive II System, please
refer to the Small Battery Drive II User’s Manual.
Limited Warranty and Disclaimer: DePuy Synthes Companies products are sold with
a limited warranty to the original purchaser against defects in workmanship and
materials. Any other express or implied warranties, including warranties of
merchantability or fitness, are hereby disclaimed.
Please also refer to the package insert(s) or other labeling associated with the
devices identified in this sterilization guide.
CAUTION: USA Law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Some devices listed in this sterilization guide may not have been licensed in
accordance with Canadian law and may not be for sale in Canada.
Please contact your sales consultant for items approved for sale in Canada.
Not all products are currently commercially available in all markets.
STERRAD® is a registered mark of Advanced Sterilization Products.
Manufactured or distributed by:
Synthes USA Products, LLC
1302 Wrights Lane East
West Chester, PA 19380
To order (USA): 800-327-6887
To order (Canada): 855-946-8999
Note: For recognized manufacturer, refer to the product label.
© DePuy Synthes 2015-2017. All rights reserved.
DSUS/PWT/1114/0080(1) 04/17 CS