CRRT and PrismaLung®
Quick User Guide
1. Start Prismaflex control unit and choose prescribed
CRRT therapy mode.
2. Select one of the highlighted therapy modes.
9. Connect the female luer-lock connector of the blue
outlet line to the blue male luer-lock connector on the
Prismaflex CRRT set (near to the deaeration chamber).
10. Connect the blue outlet line to the blue connection on
3. On ‘Load Set’ screen, attach and load prescribed
Prismaflex CRRT set according to Prismaflex monitor
4. Press LOAD and follow online instructions.
5. On ‘Prepare and Connect Solutions’ screen, install the
PrismaLung on its holder.
6. Prepare both extension lines:
• red inlet line
• blue outlet line
7. Open the warmer connection of the Prismaflex set.
8. Connect the blue male luer-lock connector of the red inlet line to the female luer-lock connector on Prismaflex
CRRT set (near to the filter).
PrismaLung blood-gas exchanger.
11. Connect the red inlet line to the red connection on
PrismaLung blood-gas exchanger.
1. To initiate priming on ‘Verify Setup’ screen, press PRIME
or PRIME + TEST.
Note: If prime test fails (‘MALFUNCTION: Prime Self-Test’
alarm, due to pump occlusivity test), press RETEST.
Note: If the system is primed and connection of the patients
delayed for a couple of hours, check PrismaLung blood-gas
exchanger for air. In case of residual air in PrismaLung bloodair exchanger,reprime the system.
Connect Patient and Start
1. Connect patient and start treatment according to
Prismaflex monitor online instructions.
2. When Prismaflex set
blood circuit is stable,
2. After 3 minutes of priming, remove the PrismaLung from
remove the green cap
its holder and hold it upside down for 30 seconds to re-
on the PrismaLung
move air completely (use therefore the countdown timer
on ‘Priming, please wait’ screen).
and connect the oxy-
Note: Hold PrismaLung blood-gas exchanger below the
gen supply line (green
deaeration chamber to maintain correct pressures in the
color coded) to the
sweep gas inlet.
3. Turn on the sweep gas flow and adjust the gas flow
according to prescription.
Note: The filter in the oxygen supply line must be connected
near to the PrismaLung blood-gas exchanger.
4. If prescribed, connect the NovaTherm® heater / cooler
unit to the PrismaLung blood-gas exchanger refer to
Note: Connect the NovaTherm® water circuit counter-current
to blood flow in the PrismaLung blood-gas exchanger.
3. Place the PrismaLung blood-gas exchanger back on its
4. Continue priming and prime test.
1. Turn off the sweep gas flow.
5. Inspect the PrismaLung blood-gas exchanger for air.
2. Stop treatment.
6. In case of remaining air, press MANUAL PRIME on
3. If prescribed, and set is not clotted, return blood to patient.
‘Priming Complete’ screen, remove PrismaLung blood-
4. Disconnect patient.
gas exchanger from its holder, hold upside down until all
5. Unload CRRT set and discard with the Prismaflex set.
air is removed and place back on its holder.
Note: Check priming bag contains enough priming solution
for manual priming. If not, connect a new priming bag.
Note: Check level in deaeration chamber. If necessary,
increase the level in deaeration chamber as described on
‘Prime Test Passed’ screen.
Caution: Avoid lifting the PrismaLung blood-gas exchanger to
a higher level. Therefore do not move from its holder.