Quick Reference Guide
Reading a PillCam® COLON 2 Study in RAPID® for PillCam Software
Step 1: Preview
Identify and mark entrance to cecum and body exit while
obtaining a quick overview of the video.
1. Set QuickView mode.
2. Set double-head viewing (green & yellow), and read at the
fastest speed you feel comfortable.
3. Identify cecum and then continue viewing at a fast speed
to the end of the video and mark the last rectal image.
Step 2: Review
Review video and capture suspected findings (cruise and
1. Set standard view mode.
2. Set single-head viewing, green capsule head, and read at a
comfortable speed (8 fps is a good starting choice).
3. Read from cecum to end of the video with green capsule
4. Reduce reading speed or scroll manually frame-by-frame
when viewing complex anatomy and when capsule is moving
fast, on the lookout for single-frame findings.
5. When end of the video is reached, return to cecum.
6. Set to yellow capsule head and again read from cecum to
If the study includes findings, mark the hepatic and splenic
flexures found during reading.
Do not analyze findings at this step.
Step 3: Analysis and Report
Analyze captured findings and complete study report.
1. Select Report tab.
2. Click on the thumbnail of suspected findings and scroll backand-forth to view suspected findings from multiple angles and
3. When using the polyp size estimation tool, locate the image of
the polyp that shows the maximum polyp surface area.
When possible, do not conclude findings based on a single
image; use scrolling to view multiple images.
Use blood vessels and vascular pattern in decision-making.
Beware of folds mimicking polyps.
Pay special attention to the cecum as the illeocecal valve can
look like a polyp.
Copyright © 2013 Given Imaging Ltd. GIVEN, GIVEN
& Design, PILLCAM, PILLCAM & Logo, and RAPID are
trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Given
Imaging Ltd., its subsidiaries, and/or affiliates in the
United States and/or other countries. All rights not
expressly granted are reserved.