OPERATING MANUAL Smart-V-Link™
Version 3.0 for Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 Computer Communication Software for Hadeco Dopplers with Serial Interface
Excellence in Human Service and Technology
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : INTRODUCTION Profiles...
Contents of Package...
Chapter 2 : GETTING STARTED Installing Smart-V-Link...
Installing USB Cable Driver...
Opening Operating Manual...
Chapter 3 : QUICK START 1. Starting Smart-V-Link and Preparation...
2. Measuring Blood Velocity...
3. Measuring Blood Pressure...
4. Printing Report...
5. Saving Data...
6. Quitting Smart-V-Link...
Chapter 4 : ABI MAIN SCREEN 1. Menu...
2. Measuring Blood Velocities...
3. Blood Pressures and ABI/TBI...
Chapter 5 : FILE OPERATIONS New File...
Chapter 6 : TEST MODULES PPG Toe Pressure...
PPG Venous Reflux...
Lower Extremity Segmental...
Upper Extremity Segmental...
Chapter 7 : DATA OPERATIONS Monitoring Screen...
Chapter 8 : SYSTEM SETTINGS and DATA PRESETTINGS Patient Information...
Symptoms / Diagnosis...
Chapter 9 : TROUBLESHOOTING Troubleshooting...
--- Notes --The contents of this document and the associated Smart-V-Link software are the property of Hadeco, Inc. and are protected by copyright. Any reproduction in whole or in part is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Hadeco, Inc. The contents of this document are subject to change without notice and do not represent a commitment on the part of Hadeco, Inc. Hadeco is a registered trademark and Smart-V-Link is a trademark of Hadeco, Inc. Windows and Windows Vista are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Celeron is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation. All other product names or trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Chapter 1 : INTRODUCTION
Thank you very much for purchasing a Computer Communication Software, Smart-V-Link™ for Windows. This manual explains the process for connecting Doppler to computer, installing software and using Smart-VLink. For the operation of Doppler and PPG/PV probe, please refer to the operating manuals that come with your Doppler and PPG/PV probe. Please read this manual carefully for complete product satisfaction. To learn how to use Smart-V-Link quickly see "Chapter 3 : Quick Start". It introduces a few essential and typical uses of Smart-V-Link.
PROFILES The Smart-V-Link allows you to implement easily the vascular studies using the bi-directional Doppler as well as the patient data filing. * Operations of Doppler are remote controlled by computer. * Real-time vascular waveform display * Data storage for future reference • Data can be stored in the internal hard disk drive as well as any storage devices on network computers. • Exporting to PDF and DICOM®*1 files is available for universal use of medical images. * Standardized testing modules for easy operation and documentation • ABI, TBI and arterial blood flow velocity • PPG toe pressure & venous reflux • PV arterial • Venous compression • Lower and upper extremities • Individual test *1 DICOM: Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine DICOM is the registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standards publications relating to digital communications of medical information.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS DOPPLER Hadeco Doppler with serial interface • Bidop ES-100V3 • Smartdop 30EX • Smartdop 45 • Smartdop 50EX (including Smartdop 50EX-F) • DVM-4300 (including DVM-4300T)
COMPUTER • OS:
Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
• CPU clock:
Celeron 500 MHz or more
800 x 600 dots or more 256 colors or more
• Minimum memory requirements: RAM:
INTERFACE and Communication CABLE
Predesignate Dedicated cable (USB or RS-232) on the order of Smart-V-Link software.
9 pin standard RS-232 cable : straight wired type 9 Pin Female to 9 Pin Female
The type of serial interface and communication cable for DVM-4300 cannot be specified according to serial number.
CONTENTS OF PACKAGE • Software CD-ROM • Dedicated communication cable (Except for Models with RS-232 I/F. See the Interface and Cable table on before page.)
TECHNICAL DATA MEASUREMENT RANGE and ACCURACY Blood flow velocity :
Depends on Doppler connected.
Heart rate :
30 - 300 bpm, ±5 %
MANUFACTURING DATE The first 2 digits and following 2 digits of the serial number represent the year and month of manufacturing, respectively. The serial number is located on the CD-ROM case and it consists of 4 to 8 digits and may start with “Serial number” or “SN”. Examples: 03020001:
Chapter 2 : GETTING STARTED
INSTALLING Smart-V-Link (1) Insert the Smart-V-Link CD-ROM into the drive of your computer. (2) Installer dialog box will appear automatically. If it does not appear, open My Computer and double-click the CD-ROM drive in which Smart-V-Link CD is inserted, and double-click Setup.exe to install Smart-V-Link software. Follow the instructions of the installer. Caution : If you’re using Windows Vista/7 or newer Windows on your computer, any system folder such as “Program Files” and “Windows” is not recommended for the Data Folder on Option Screen. See section “Save File” for more details. (3) When installation process is completed, Smart-V-Link will start automatically with Default Data screen. Note : If Doppler with USB such as ES-100V3, Smartdop 30EX and Smartdop 45 is used, USB cable driver should be installed. Refer to either Readme for Windows 2000/XP/Vista or Driver Installation for Windows 7 for the driver installation procedures which can be accessed via the program menu.
INSTALLING USB Cable Driver When using with Doppler with USB I/F (ex. ES-100V3, Smartdop 30EX, Smartdop 45), the USB Cable Driver should be installed as follows: (1) Set the Smart-V-Link V3.0 CD-ROM on your CD-ROM drive. (2) If automatic installer Smart-V-Link Ver3.0 installation pops up, click on Cancel. (3) Connect the Doppler to your computer by using the USB cable enclosed. See the Doppler operating manual of your Doppler for more information.
The following procedures depend on your Windows version:
Windows 2000 (4) When Add New Hardware Wizard is shown, click Next.
(5) On the next dialog, select Search for a suitable driver for my device (Recommended) and click Next. (6) Check CD-ROM drive only and click Next. (7) When the searching is completed, make sure D:DriversUSBSFTDIPORT.INF, if your CDROM drive is D:, is shown and click Next. (8) The USB cable driver will be installed. (9) When completion dialog is shown, click Finish. (10) If another "New Hardware Wizard" pops up after completing up to step #9, repeat step #4 to 9. After the end of work, set the COM port of SV-Link. (Refer to the section "Option".)
Windows XP (4) When Add New Hardware Wizard is shown, select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and click Next. (5) Select Search for the best driver in these locations and check Search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM) and click Next. (6) If caution dialog Hardware installation (Compatibility with Windows XP) is shown, make sure the hardware is USB High Speed Serial Converter and click Next. (7) The USB cable driver will be installed. (8) When completion dialog is shown, click Finish. (9) If another "New Hardware Wizard" pops up after completing up to step #8, repeat step #4 to 8. After the end of work, set the COM port of SV-Link. (Refer to the section "Option".)
Windows Vista (4) When Found New Hardware is shown, click Locate and install driver software (recommended). (5) If Found New Hardware - Unknown Device is shown, click Don't search online. (6) Windows Security Window alerts you that the publisher of the driver cannot be verified. Click Install this driver software anyway. (7) The USB cable driver will be installed. (8) When completion dialog is shown, click Close. (9) If another "Found New Hardware" pops up after completing up to step #8, repeat step #4 to 8. After the end of work, set the COM port of SV-Link. (Refer to the section "Option".)
Windows 7 (4) A shortcut for "Windows 7 Driver Install" will be created automatically on the desktop when Smart-V-Link installation is completed. Click it and follow the instructions.
Cautions for CommPort setting It has been reported in a rare case when using with Doppler with USB I/F that Search Comm cannot search the Doppler for the first time you run after installing USB cable driver. To solve this problem, restart your computer once.
Changing property of driver Connect the Doppler to your computer first before proceeding the following steps. (1) Right-click on My Computer and select Property. (2) Click on Device manager tab. (3) Double-click on Port (COM / LPT) and make sure it shows as follows: USB Serial Port(COM3)
COM port # depends of computer.)
If it's not shown, reinstall the driver. (4) Click on USB Serial Port(COM3) and select Property. (5) When USB Serial Port(COM3) property is shown, click Port Setting tab. (6) Click Advanced... (7) Advanced Port Setting is shown, check Disable PNP on Option settings and click OK. (8) When it gets back to device manager, step #5, click OK. (9) When it gets back to the property, step #2, click OK.
UNINSTALLING Smart-V-Link (1) Before uninstalling Smart-V-Link, copy all the waveform data saved on the WaveData folder for future reference. The original WaveData is located in C:HadecoSVLink3.0. (Default) (2) Select HadecoSmart-V-Link Ver3.0Uninstall on Program menu to uninstall Smart-V-Link.
CONNECTIONS (1) Make sure that the Doppler probe is connected to the Doppler. (2) Connect the communication cable to the Doppler. (3) Connect the other side of the cable to the computer. (4) Turn the Doppler on. Caution • Do not turn off the power both the computer and the Doppler while using the software. • Do not disconnect the cables while using the software. • Do not leave the Doppler probe near the computer.
STARTING Smart-V-Link (1) Select HadecoSmart-V-Link Ver3.0Smart-V-Link Ver3.0 on Program menu to start the SmartV-Link and Patient Information screen will appear automatically.. (2) Input patient information data and click Return to Main Screen to go to ABI Main Screen. If you wish to do it later, simply click Return to Main Screen. If a Smart-V-Link data file is double-clicked directly, Patient Information screen and dialog box will not displayed and Smart-V-Link will start with ABI Main Screen. (3) When you start the Smart-V-Link for the first time, click on Option button on the ABI Main Screen and do the CommPort setting. (See the section "Option" for the details.) Note : After clicking on Option, the dialog box below may be shown. Click OK and be sure to do the CommPort setting in this case.
OPENING OPERATING MANUAL (1) Select HadecoSmart-V-Link Ver3.0Smart-V-Link Manual on Program menu to open this manual.
Chapter 3 : QUICK START
1. Starting Smart-V-Link and Preparation (1) Connect the communication cable to the Doppler. (2) Connect the other side of the cable to USB port of the computer. (3) Turn the Doppler on. (4) Start the Smart-V-Link and Patient Information screen will appear.
(5) Type the patient information or you may do it later. (6) Click Save to save the information and click Return to Main Screen to go to ABI Main Screen.
(7) Click Option in the menu to go to Option Screen.
Search Comm button
CommPort Setting section
(8) Click Search Comm in the CommPort Setting section to search for COM port Doppler device is connected. Smart-V-Link will show the COM port # and model # of connected Doppler. (9) Click Return to Main Screen to go to ABI Main Screen.
2. Measuring Blood Velocity (1) Click the waveform window of Posterior Tibial to start monitoring the blood velocity waveform of posterior tibial artery taken with the Doppler.
Monitor Screen will appear and the real-time waveform and numerical data received from the Doppler will be shown.
We recommend turning off other devices connected to COM port beforehand. The message dialog box below will appear. Click on OK to proceed.
Monitoring Screen in measurement mode
Probe selection buttons for 2-probe type Doppler
Click either Probe1 or Probe2 to select the probe used for the measurement when 2 probe connection is available for the Doppler connected. Click either ProbePV, Probe1 or Probe2 to select the probe used for the measurement when Smartdop 30EX with built-in PV is connected. (2) Press Compound or Separation to set the waveform mode for combined bidirectional waveform or directionally separated dualtrace waveform, respectively. (3) Wait at least 5 seconds after the waveform becomes stable and press the probe button or the space bar on the keyboard to freeze the waveform of latest 5 seconds. Monitoring Screen in freeze mode
- 10 -
Probe selection buttons for Smartdop 30EX with built-in PV
(4) If the frozen waveform is satisfactory, click Decision to save the data to the memory of the computer and it'll go back to ABI Main Screen. If it's not satisfied, press the probe button or the space bar to go back to monitoring mode again. (5) To go back to the Main Screen without saving the data, click Return.
(6) Repeat steps #1 to #5 for other sites. (7) Enlarging waveform Right-click one of the waveform windows to enlarge the waveform and the Individual Waveform screen will appear with enlarged waveform and numerical parameters. Click Compound or Separation to change the waveform mode. Click Print and follow the instructions to print out this screen. Click Return to go back to the previous screen. Enlarged waveform
- 11 -
Right click in waveform window.
3. Measuring Blood Pressure Blood pressures can be measured by using with Doppler and pressure value can be typed on each of pressure box on ABI Main Screen. If you're using Smartdop 30EX with Smart-V-Link, it allows you to set pressure value taken with the Doppler on each box automatically. Follow the instructions as follows:
(1) Click on Arm Pressure icon menu below) will appear.
, and Pressure Menu (pull-down
(2) Select Take Pressure to start arm pressure measurement with Doppler, and Pressure Monitor screen will appear.
(3) Set the cuff on the patient and connect the tubing to Doppler, and place the probe on the radial or brachial artery. (4) Click Probe1 or Probe2 to select the probe used with Smartdop 30EX if necessary. Note : The guidances for procedures are displayed above the waveform window.
- 12 -
(5) When velocity waveform becomes stable, INF will turn green and flash to let you know it's ready for the measurement. Click INF to proceed and built-in cuff inflator will start inflating the cuff. If INF does not turn green and flash due to arrhythmia, straight click INF to proceed the measurement on manual. Click DUMP to cancel the measurement and dump the cuff. (6) When the measurement is completed, blood pressure and pressure waveform will be displayed.
If the result is satisfactory, click Decision to save the data to the memory of the computer and it'll go back to previous screen. If it's not satisfied, press the probe button or the space bar, or click Cancel to go back to monitoring mode again. (7) Repeat steps #1 to #6 for ankle and great toe pressures. (8) ABI and TBI are automatically calculated and displayed.
- 13 -
4. Printing Report (1) Click Print Report on ABI Main Screen to show the Print Report screen.
Check the check boxes for printing report.
(2) Choose the printer you wish to use for printing from the pull-down menu. Click Printer Setup to display Printer Setup dialog box of Windows for printing options. (3) Check all the check boxes for testing modules you wish to print out. (4) Click Preview to display the print preview if desired.
(5) Click OK to print out report, PDF to make PDF report file, or Cancel to cancel Print Report.
- 14 -
Check Blood Pressure check box to print pressure waveform & parameters related to each testing chosen to print.
5. Saving Data (1) Click Save File on ABI Main Screen to save data to local or network disk drive, and SaveFile window will appear. Caution : If you’re using Windows Vista/7 or newer Windows on your computer, any system folder such as “Program Files” and “Windows” is not recommended for the Data Folder on Option Screen. See section “Save File” for more details.
Note : Patient ID, or name if ID is not typed, will be automatically used for the file name. If neither patient ID nor name have been typed for Patient Information, the dialog box shown right will appear. Click Yes to enter patient information. Click No to type file name in SaveFile window. Click Cancel to cancel the saving process. (2) Click Save to save the data. Note : If check box for Export to DICOM on Option Screen is being checked, Smart-V-Link will automatically export the report images to DICOM while saving data.
6. Quitting Smart-V-Link (1) Click Exit on ABI Main Screen to quit Smart-V-Link. If the data have not been saved, alert dialog box shown below will appear. Click Yes to save data, No to quit Smart-V-Link without saving or Cancel to go back to ABI Main Screen.
- 15 -
Chapter 4 : ABI MAIN SCREEN
Pressures and ABI/TBI
1. Menu Save File:
To save measurement data. See the section "Save File" for details.
To search data files to be opened. See the section "Search Files" for details.
To erase all measurement data in the memory for next measurement. See the section "New File" for details.
To download waveform memory data from Doppler to Smart-V-Link. See the section "Download" for details and model #s Download is available.
To print report or export report to PDF file. See the section "Print Report" for details.
To input patient data. See the section "Patient Information" for details.
To input symptoms and diagnosis for patient. See the section "Symptoms / Diagnosis" for details.
To input and/or revise Default Data: Facility data, Performing Studies and Requesting Physician. See the section "Default Data" for details.
CommPort setting, gain setting, default data folder setting, screen setting and other settings. See the section "Option" for details.
- 16 -
PPG Toe Pressure:
To go to PPG Toe Pressure screen. See the section "PPG Toe Pressure" for details.
PPG Venous Reflux:
To go to PPG Venous Reflux screen. See the section "PPG Venous Reflux" for details.
To go to PV Arterial screen. See the section "PV Arterial" for details.
To go to Venous Doppler screen. See the section "Venous Doppler" for details.
Lower Extremity Segmental: To go to Lower Extremity screen to perform the measurements of blood flow with Doppler and of pressures. See the section "Lower Extremity Segmental" for details. Upper Extremity Segmental: To go to Upper Extremity screen to perform the measurements of blood flow with Doppler and of pressures. See the section "Upper Extremity Segmental" for details. Customized Screen:
To go to Customized Screen to customize your own test module. See the section "Customized Screen" for details.
To go to Individual Waveform screen to perform measurement of individual site with Doppler, PPG or Pneumo. See the section "Individual Waveform" for details.
To quit Smart-V-Link. If the data have not been saved, alert dialog box shown left will appear. Click Yes to save data, No to quit Smart-V-Link without saving or Cancel to go back to ABI Main Screen.
Note : Any of the testing modules you don't use can get unavailable by going to Option for changing the Screen setting.
- 17 -
2. Measuring Blood Velocities (1) Posterior Tibial Click the waveform window to measure blood velocity of posterior tibial artery taken with the Doppler. Monitor Screen will appear and the real-time waveform and numerical data received from the Doppler will be shown.
The peak velocity is calculated based on the first 3 beat average and will be displayed on the Main Screen. See the section "Monitoring Screen" for details. (2) Dorsalis Pedis Click waveform window to measure blood velocity of dorsalis pedis artery. Monitor Screen will appear and you can operate the same way for posterior tibial. (3) Side change Repeat (1) to (2) on the other side. (4) Enlarging waveform After freezing waveform, right-click the waveform window to observe it in large size. See "Enlarging Waveform" for details. Note : Gain unification To unify all the amplitude scales of waveforms in waveform window, go to Option and check the check box of Gain Unification in Other Settings.
3. Blood Pressures and ABI/TBI For all the Doppler models to type in pressures: (1) Pressures Type the pressures of Arm, Ankle and Great Toe, and the ABI (Ankle Brachial Index) and the TBI (Toe Brachial Index) will be calculated automatically. Note : Once you input or change these pressure data, they are reflected in those on PPG Toe Pressure, PV Arterial and Lower Extremity screens.
- 18 -
Parameter definitions ABI = (Ankle systolic pressure) / (Brachial systolic pressure) TBI = (Toe systolic pressure) / (Brachial systolic pressure)
For Smartdop 30EX only to download pressure data from the Doppler connected: Go to Option and make sure check box for Pressure Menu is active. (1) Click on Arm Pressure icon and select "Take Pressure", "Show Waveform", or "Delete" on Pressure Menu to take, show, or delete the pressure data taken with Smartdop 30EX, respectively. See the section "Pressure Monitor" for details.
(2) Click on Ankle Pressure icon to get ankle pressure in the same manner above. ABI will be calculated automatically and displayed.
(3) Click on Great Toe Pressure icon to get great toe pressure in the same manner above. TBI will be calculated automatically and displayed.
(4) Repeat the steps #1 to #3 on the other side. Note : The greater arm pressure of right or left than other side is used for calculation of ABI/TBI.
- 19 -
Chapter 5 : FILE OPERATIONS
NEW FILE Click on New File to create a new patient file and Patient Information screen will be shown. Type all the patient data and click SAVE to save the data. If previous data has not bee saved when New File is clicked, a confirmation dialog box shown left will appear. Click Yes to save the data, No to erase the data or Cancel to cancel New File process.
- 20 -
File list pane Directory Structure pane
(1) Click on the folder in which Smart-V-Link data are stored in Directory Structure represented with "tree" type of appearance in the pane left of file list pane. The path to the folder will be displayed next to the label "Search In". (Default : C:HadecoSVLink3.0WaveData)
If you wish to search also in sub folder, put a tick in the box left of Sub folder by clicking on. Note : 1. Search In default data folder can be specified in Option Screen, and it will be changed after search-file operation if other folder was specified at that time. 2. Click the button to go to upper directory (folder). 3. Clicking History shows the list of paths to the folders which you have used. (2) The files can be searched by patient name, ID, file name, requesting physician, and test date. (Case -insensitive) Select Search Type from pull-down menu, and type a search word in the Search For text box. (Partial match retrieval)
- 21 -
(3) Click on the Search button, and search result will be listed.
(4) Click on the target file and click Open to open the file.
(5) Clicking on Delete File deletes designated file. Tips: 1. Directory Structure pane and file list pane can be resized by dragging the splitter bar between the 2 panes. Columns in file list pane can also be resized. 2. Click the column name to sort files alphabetically and click it the second time to sort anti-alphabetically. 3. Right clicking on folder in Directory Structure shows a context menu for renaming and deleting the folder and making a new folder. Click here
Note : Old data files with extension “ST1” created by previous Ver. 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3 of Smart-V-Link can be opened depending on data format differences as follows: 1.
Measurement data of Posterior Tibial (PT) on Main Screen and Lower Extremity screen a. In case both data exist on old file, it displays both data on each screen. b. In case only either data exists on old file, it displays the data on both screens as common PT.
- 22 -
Measurement data of Dorsalis Pedis (DP) on Main Screen and Lower Extremity screen Same as PT above.
Symptoms and Diagnosis on Symptoms / Diagnosis screen Previous version of Smart-V-Link had 2 text boxes for Symptoms and Diagnosis, but version 3.0 has only one text box for Notes. Therefore the contents of Symptoms and Diagnosis on old file will be combined and displayed in Notes.
- 23 -
In the case of saving new measurement data Patient ID, or name if ID is not typed, is automatically used for file name, which will be shown in Save File box, and each file name consists of extension of "ST2", e.g. ID0001.ST2 If both data have not been typed, you will be asked to enter the data. (1) If neither patient ID nor patient name have been typed in, the dialog box shown left will appear. Click Yes to enter patient information. Click No to enter your own file name without typing in patient name and ID. Click Cancel to cancel Save File process and go back to ABI Main Screen.
(2) On Save File window, data folder in which the measurement data will be saved is shown next to the label "Save in". At the beginning the folder is set for the default data folder specified in Option Screen. It can be changed temporally by clicking the button and next Save File operation will revert to it until New File is selected or Smart-V-Link is restarted. Caution : If you’re using Windows Vista/7 or newer Windows on your computer, any system folder such as “Program Files” and “Windows” is
- 24 -
not recommended for the Data Folder on Option Screen because such Windows may automatically save the data in a virtual folder different from Data Folder while acting like saving data in system folder. Note : Default data folder can be specified in Option Screen. (3) Confirm the file name shown next to the label "File Name" or type a file name in, and click Save.
(4) If the check box of Export to DICOM on Option Screen is being checked, Smart-V-Link will automatically export all the report images of each test module to DICOM. DICOM file will be created for each module in the subfolder of SVLink file name in DICOM folder. Each DICOM file name is "SVLink file name"_"test module name".dcm.
In the case the same file name already exists If the saving file name already exists, the dialog box shown left will appear. Click Yes to overwrite, No to save the data as a new file, or Cancel to cancel Save File process.
- 25 -
Chapter 6 : TEST MODULES
PPG TOE PRESSURE
(1) 1st Digit
Click the waveform window to measure the first digit with the PPG probe. Monitor Screen appears and Smart-V-Link displays real-time waveform received from the Doppler. See the section "Monitoring Screen" for details. (2) 2nd to 5th Digits Click each waveform window to measure the site. Operate the same way as 1st Digit. (3) Pressures Type the pressures of Arm and Great Toe, and the TBI (Toe Brachial Index) will be calculated automatically.
- 26 -
If Pressure Menu on Option Screen is active, arm and toe pressures can be measured with Doppler with pressure capability by clicking on each Pressure icon See the section "Pressure Monitor" for details.
Note 1 : Once you input or change these pressure data, they are reflected in those on ABI Main Screen, PV Arterial and Lower Extremity screens. Note 2 : The greater arm pressure of right or left than other side is used for calculation of TBI. (4) Side change Repeat (1) to (3) on the other side.
(5) Enlarging waveform Right-click the waveform window to observe it in large size. See "Enlarging Waveform" for details.
(5) Printing waveform Click Print to print the report if desired. For the print procedure, see the section of "Print Report" in this manual. Note :
To unify all the amplitude scales of waveforms in waveform window, go to Option and check the check box of Gain Unification in Other Settings.
- 27 -
PPG VENOUS REFLUX
(1) Type the number of times for patient dorsiflexes in the Count box. (2) Click one of waveform windows and it will start showing PPG-DC signals received from Doppler. (3) When patient is ready, click Start Test or press space bar on keyboard or the probe button (PG-21) to start the measurement of venous reflux study. (4) Ask the patient to flex her/his foot synchronizing with the beep sounds of the computer. (First long beep sound is a cue to start flexing, and then you will hear the short beep sounds the set number of times.) (5) Smart-V-Link freezes the waveform automatically when an appropriate waveform returns to the base-line amplitude. Complete waveform and Recovery Times will be displayed. Note : 1/2 RT is the half recovery time to return to 50% of refilling amplitude where vertical dotted line is shown. To stop the measurement still in progress, click Cancel or press the space bar or the probe button.
- 28 -
(6) Click Decision to save the waveform to the memory of the computer. If the measured waveform is not satisfactory, press Cancel to measure again. (7) Repeat steps #2 to #6 on the other side. Note : Type any other site name than Right/Left in each box if desired. (8) Click Print to print the report if desired. (9) Clicking Delete after saving waveform makes deletion of the waveform.
- 29 -