RADIOLUCENT | STAINLESS STEEL
Affix the Skull Clamp to the patient so that application of the BUDDE® Halo can be accommodated.
Position and drape the patient in the usual manner. From this point, the sterile field is created and the
entire assembly should be completed while maintaining sterile technique. NOTE: Photos are shown, for
display purposes, without a sterile drape.
procedures in which
retraction of delicate
brain tissue is required.
Attachment of Support Brackets
Preparation of the Halo and Support Rods
• Attach the Support Brackets over the sterile
drape. Support Brackets can be attached
either inside or around the uprights of the
MAYFIELD® Skull Clamp. Position Support Brackets as high as possible to help ensure stability.
• A1096: Before attaching the Support Rods, assemble the Halo by threading the two components together.
• Brackets should point outward with locking
ring nut parallel to floor. Center the compression ball within the locking ring nut.
• Attach both Support Rods into the Halo and
keep loose enough to freely move.
• The Halo should be placed on the prep table
with the Support Rods facing upwards.
and efficiency. Builtin hand rest offers
Budde Halo Side Rail Support (A1067)
• Use the Budde Halo without a Skull Clamp.
Insertion of Halo into Support Brackets
• Present the Halo with the rotating half facing
• Position the Halo in the desired location.
• If the patient is in the Park Bench Position,
present the Halo with the rotating half facing
away from the surgeon.
• Insert the Halo and Support Rods into the receptacles on the Support Brackets and finger
• A1096: Adjust the section of the Halo ring to
the desired angle to maximize the operative
field. One half of the Halo ring can be removed to provide even greater exposure to the
• Requires the use of the Universal Side Rail Fittings (A1060)
• Tighten all connecting points with the provided tool. Ensure there is no movement in the
• Three Retractor Arms are available for placement 360º around the Halo. There are two insertion points – one in the center of each half
of the Halo ring.
• A1096: Attach Retractor Arm to the groove on
the Halo ring.
• A1040: Insert dovetail section of the Retractor
Arm into the opening on the Halo and slide
Mini Vise (438A1140)
• One provided in
each system. Use
with any type of retractor blade.
• Quick release allows
for simple blade
• Mini Vise utilizes
method as other retractor blade styles.
Refer to Instruction Manual for complete
instructions. Final set-up is dependent upon
+44 (0) 1 264 345 780
+44 (0) 1 264 363 782 (Fax)
+33 (0) 4 37 47 59 10
+33 (0) 4 37 47 59 29 (Fax)
+49 (0) 2102 5535 6200
+49 (0) 2102 5536 636 (Fax)
+32 (0) 2 257 41 30
+32 (0) 2 253 24 66 (Fax)
Budde and the Integra wave logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation. All Rights Reserved. ©2007 Integra LifeSciences Corporation.
Integra LifeSciences Corporation • 4900 Charlemar Drive, Bldg. A • Cincinnati, OH 45227 • Toll Free: 877-444-1114 • Phone: 513-533-7979 • Fax: 513-271-1915
+41 (0) 2 27 21 23 30
+41 (0) 2 27 21 23 99 (Fax)