Integra BUDDE Halo Brain Retractors Set-Up Guide Oct 2010.pdf
Budde® Halo Brain Retractors
Limit uncertainty with functional flexibility
combined with controlled retraction.
Radiolucent / Stainless Steel Set-Up
Affix the Skull Clamp to the patient so that application of the Budde® Halo can be accommodated.
Position and drape the patient in the usual manner. From this point, the sterile field is created
and the entire assembly should be completed while maintaining sterile technique.
Integra Budde Halo
Note: Photos are shown for display purposes, without a sterile drape.
Refer to Instruction Manual for complete instructions.
Final set-up is dependent upon surgeon preference.
Designed to significantly reduce
artifact during intracranial
procedures in which retraction
of delicate brain tissue is required.
Integra Budde Halo
Attachment of Support Brackets
Preparation of the Halo and Support Rods
• Attach the Support Brackets over the sterile
drape. Support Brackets can be attached either
inside or around the uprights of the Mayfield®
Skull Clamp. Position Support Brackets as high
as possible to help ensure stability.
• A1096: Before attaching the Support Rods,
assemble the Halo by threading the two
• Brackets should point outward with locking ring
nut parallel to floor. Center the compression ball
within the locking ring nut.
Functional flexibility and
efficiency. Built-in hand
rest offers convenience
and maximum stability.
• The Halo should be placed on the prep table
with the Support Rods facing upwards.
• Attach both Support Rods into the Halo
and keep loose enough to freely move.
Budde Halo Side Rail Support: A1067
• Use the Budde Halo without a Skull Clamp.
• Requires the use of the Universal Side Rail Fittings A1060
Insertion of Halo into Support Brackets
• Present the Halo with the rotating half facing
• Position the Halo in the desired location.
• If the patient is in the Park Bench Position,
present the Halo with the rotating half facing
away from the surgeon.
• Insert the Halo and Support Rods into the
receptacles on the Support Brackets and
• A1096: Adjust the section of the Halo ring to the
desired angle to maximize the operative field. One
half of the Halo ring can be removed to provide
even greater exposure to the operative site.
• A1040: The Halo ring can be folded back upon
itself to create a second layer of retraction or
open up the front half of the operative field.
• Tighten all connecting points with the provided
tool. Ensure there is no movement
in the system.
• Three Retractor Arms are available for placement
360º around the Halo. There are two insertion
points – one in the center of each half
of the Halo ring.
• A1096: Attach Retractor Arm to the groove
on the Halo ring.
• A1040: Insert dovetail section of the Retractor
Arm into the opening on the Halo and slide into
For more information or to place an order, please contact:
Integra 4900 Charlemar Drive, Bldg. A, Cincinnati, OH 45227
USA and Canada: 877.444.1114 513.533.7979 (Outside USA)
Integra, the Integra logo and Budde are registered trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation. Mayfield is a registered trademark of SM USA, Inc. and is used by Integra under license.
©2010 Integra LifeSciences Corporation. All rights reserved. Printed in USA. NS4324-10/10
Mini Vise: 438A1140
• One provided in each system.
Use with any type of retractor
• Quick release allows for simple
blade connection activity.
• Mini Vise utilizes same
attachment method as other
retractor blade styles.