Enteral Feeding & Flush Pump
Loading & Rinsing of Feeding Pump
Proper loading & unloading of a feeding set
Do not use feeding sets for longer than 24 hours.
1) Feed & flush valve assembly, 2) Feed only valve
assembly, 3) Distal end of feeding set, 4) Pump
1) Grasp thumb tab on valve and insert into left
pocket, ensure valve is fully seated. Thumb tab
should align with slot in blue door.
2) Grasp black ring retainer, gently wrap tubing
around rotor, and insert retainer directly into
right pocket. Do not overstretch tubing.
3) To properly unload a pump set, power the
pump off and wait 10 seconds before removing
the feeding set.
Proper rinsing of the feeding set
1) Disconnect feeding set from patient before rinsing. The feeding set must remain loaded during
the rinsing procedure.
2) CAUTION- if set is removed from the pump,
it may damage the set and prevent use and will
negativley effect the system accuracy.
3) Empty contents of feed bag.
4) Fill the feed bag with water to approximatley
half of the total capacity. Properly seal the bag
and shake for 5 to 10 seconds.
5) Empty the feed bag and repeat the last step
until the bag contains clean water.
6) Power the pump on. Select “Keep Settings”
to continue with previous setting or “Clear Settings” to start with programming new pump
7) Press the “Prime Pump” button to enter the
“Prime Pump” screen.
8) Press and hold the “Hold to Prime” button
until only clean water flows through the tubing.
Once the rotor starts this takes between 1 and 2
9) Empty bag of water. Prime to remove any
remaining water out of the feeding set.
10) CAUTION- To achieve proper accuracy the
fluid level in the feeding set bag must be 6”
above the top of the feeding pump, when initiating the feeding cycle.
COVIDIEN, COVIDIEN with Logo and TM marked brands are trademarks of Covidien AG or an affiliate.
© 2008 Covidien AG or ian affiliate. All rights reserved.
H-6211 5M 04/08
15 Hampshire Street