Enteral Feeding Pump
Normal Operation "Feed Only Set" Directions For Use
Unplugging the pump from the AC line will automatically place the pump on battery power. To
recharge the battery, plug the pump into an AC wall outlet. Pump will automatically begin charging.
1. Fill or spike feeding container prior to setting up pump.
2. Turn pump on - Press Power button in lower right-hand corner.
3. In order to achieve proper accuracy, the fluid line in the feeding set bag must be 6
inches above the top of the feeding pump, when initiating the feeding cycle.
4. Select "Keep Settings" or "Clear Settings" (for day to day use with the same feeding
regimen the "Keep Settings” option should be selected).
5. Load the Feeding Set per diagram. Do not overstretch the tubing.
Priming the Pump
1. Press "Prime Pump" to access the pump priming options.
2. Press "Auto Prime" to automatically prime the pump set. The pump will quickly prime the
feed line and stop the formula before reaching the end of the feeding line.
3. Press the "Hold To Prime Feed" menu selection to manually top off the line.
4. Press "Done".
Setting the Feed Rate
1. Select "Adjust Feed" then "Feed Rate" use the buttons on the left to program the pump
from 1 to 400 in increments of 1ml. Select "Enter" when desired rate is set.
Note the Volume To Be Delivered "VTBD" Rate - is an Optional Feature
• Only use the “VTBD” option if you want the pump to stop and alarm once a set amount of
formula is delivered.
Pump sets should not be reused after 24 hours of initial usage.
ttt t ttt t
• Select "Run" you will notice a small drop scroll down the screen when running.
Re-Priming the Pump After the Feed Bag Empties
A pump set bag that has been emptied will trigger the Feed Error screen. In this condition the
pump set bag can be refilled to continue the feeding, but only after the pump set has been re-primed.
Disconnect the feeding line from the patient.
Refill the bag.
Press "Continue" to begin the pump running.
Press "Hold", then press "Adjust Settings", then press "Prime Pump".
Press "Hold To Prime" to prime the line. (Do Not Use Auto Prime)
Press "Done", then select "Run"
To Change Rate or Clear Volume
Select "Clear Vol Fed" to clear the volume.
Select "Adjust Settings" to adjust all settings.
Select "Run" to return to normal operations.
Enteral Feeding Pump
Listed below are some of the probable causes of alarm conditions and their corrections.
Programming & Menu
Pump in HOLDING mode for more
than 10 minutes.
Press CONTINUE to return to HOLDING screen,
or press and hold the Power button to turn off. Several
options are available from the HOLDING screen, such as
RUN or ADJUST SETTINGS.
Occlusion in pump-patient line.
Check for and correct the occlusion in the line between
pump and patient. Replace Pump Set if error cannot be
Empty bag or occlusion in bagpump line.
Check for empty bag and refill, or check for and correct
the occlusion in the line between the pump and feed bag.
Replace Pump Set if error cannot be resolved.
Use > 24
Pump Set in use beyond recommended length of time.
Informational warning message blinks on upper left of
screen. It is recommended that the Pump Set be replaced.
Pump Set not properly loaded to
Check black ring retainer (MISTIC) and valve; reload Pump
Set and restart pump to continue. Replace Pump Set if
error cannot be resolved.
Battery charge too low.
Immediately plug pump into A/C outlet to recharge battery and to provide power for pump.
Pump Set tubing not properly
loaded on rotor, or some other unusual rotor operating condition.
Check that the tubing is loaded on the rotor and that it
is not damaged, torn, etc. Reload tubing or replace Pump
General error caused by many factors. See Manual for error list.
Power down pump and attempt restart to clear error.
Call customer service with screen code if error cannot be
COVIDIEN, COVIDIEN with Logo and ™ marked brands are
trademarks of Covidien AG or its affiliate.
©2008 Covidien AG or its affiliate. All rights reserved.
15 Hampshire Street