Follow these simple step-by-step cleaning instructions to help ensure maximum performance from your
Genius 3 tympanic thermometer and base. Always inspect your Genius™ 3 thermometer and base before use.
Always be sure your Genius™ 3
thermometer and base are
clean, especially the probe tip
lens. A dirty lens will reduce the
Follow this cleaning by using
a lint free swab, cotton ball or
lens wipe to remove any excess
Always check the lens before use.
It should have a mirror-like finish
and be free of debris, fingerprints,
To clean the handset and base,
use warm water and a mild
detergent. Water temperature
should not exceed 130˚F.
For routine lens cleaning, wipe
with a lint-free cloth. If the lens
remains soiled, clean with a cloth
or cotton bud dampened with
Return the thermometer to its
base unit and dry completely with
a clean lint-free cloth before using
• Always use a new Genius™ 3 probe cover for each temperature reading.
• Do NOT soak, submerge, or rinse the Genius™ 3 thermometer and base under water.
• Never use an abrasive pad or an abrasive cleaner on the Genius™ 3 thermometer and base.
• Genius™ 3 thermometer and base is a nonsterile device. It cannot be sterilized by ethylene oxide, in autoclaves, or with heat.
• Please refer to the instruction manual for further information.
Low Temperature Readings
A lens damaged with ammonia
A lens dirty with earwax
The clean lens
• Always check the condition of the lens.
• Any debris on the lens may result in an incorrect temperature reading.
• To clean the lens use a lint-free cloth. If the lens is extremely dirty, isopropyl alcohol can be used
to clean the lens.
• If isopropyl alcohol is used to clean an extremely dirty lens, it must be placed, tip down, to dry
completely. If the lens is not completely dry, low temperature measurement will result.
• The lens must be mirror-like and smudge free.
© 2018 Cardinal Health. All Rights Reserved. CARDINAL HEALTH, the Cardinal Health LOGO,
ESSENTIAL TO CARE and Genius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cardinal Health
and may be registered in the US and/or in other countries. 04/2018 - H9952 - WF#776477