Caring and Cleaning Guide
Follow these simple instructions to ensure maximum performance from your
• Always ensure the GENIUS thermometer is
clean, especially the probe tip lens.
• A dirty lens will reduce the temperatures
• DO NOT use alcohol on any of the CLEAR
• To clean the base unit/main body of the
GENIUS thermometer (white and blue parts
only), use warm water and mild detergent or a
less than 10% bleach solution.
• With the lens pointing down gently clean with
the applicator. Follow with a lint-free cloth to
remove the alcohol film. DO NOT use
• The lens must always be clean.
• Wipe using a lint-free cloth.
• Return the thermometer to its base unit and
allow 45 minutes drying time prior to using
• The clear plastic display window and base door
window should be wiped with a cloth
dampened with mild detergent or a less than
10% bleach solution.
Always use a new probe cover.
Keep probe lens clean.
Remove the GENIUS thermometer
from its base with care and in the
If the lens remains soiled:
• Slightly dampen a Q-Tips applicator with
Clear Plastic Windows
White/Blue Plastic Parts
If the GENIUS thermometer has a probe cover
installed but is left unused for more than
approximately 30 seconds, it enters a power
saving SLEEP mode. Installing a new probe
cover will allow the next temperature to be
The above cleaning agents are the only ones that should be used with the GENIUS thermometer, and must be used in
accordance to the GENIUS operating manual.
* Trademark of Sherwood Services AG © 2004 Tyco Healthcare Group LP. All rights reserved.
Tyco Healthcare AG
154 Fareham Road
UK - PO13 0AS
+44 (0) 13 29 22 4258
+44 (0) 13 29 22 4086