Follow these simple instructions to ensure maximum performance from your
• Place probe tip in ear canal and seal opening.
• In infants, seal outer opening of canal.
• Aim GENIUS thermometer towards the
• Remove the GENIUS thermometer from its
base unit by lifting firmly near the
• Note the equivalence setting on display.
• Ensure tympanic mode is selected by
pressing MODE button.
• Check the probe lens is clean.
• Remove any specs with a dry cloth.
• DO NOT USE if probe tip is dirty.
• Press and release the SCAN button.
• Remove probe tip from ear as soon as triple
bleep is heard and display flashes DONE.
• Press blue RELEASE/EJECT button to discard
the used probe cover.
• Return the thermometer to base unit and clip
in place for storage.
• Place a new probe cover on the probe tip.
• Never re-use covers, as low readings could be
• Ensure the probe cover is tightly in position on
Always use a new probe cover.
Keep probe lens clean.
Remove the GENIUS thermometer
from its base with care and in the
• Read the temperature displayed in the
Note: If the GENIUS thermometer has a probe cover installed but is left unused for more than approximately 30 seconds, it enters a power saving SLEEP
mode. Installing a new probe cover will allow the next temperature to be taken.
* Trademark of Sherwood Services AG. © 2004 Tyco Healthcare Group LP. All rights reserved.
Tyco Healthcare UK Limited
154 Fareham Road
UK - PO13 0AS
+44 (0) 13 29 22 41 59
+44 (0) 13 29 22 40 83