For Battery Power Line II (BPL II) Li-ion battery (530.630)
• Before cleaning, remove all instruments and attachments from the power tool. Remove the battery casing
from the handpiece and then remove the battery from
the battery casing.
• Inspect battery for cracks or damage.
• Wipe off battery with a clean, soft, and lint-free
cloth dampened with deionized or purified water.
Wipe off battery with a clean, soft and lint-free
cloth dampened with alcohol based disinfectant
for thirty (30) seconds. A disinfectant that is
VAH listed, EPA registered or locally recognized
is recommended. This step has to be repeated
two (2) additional times using a new clean, soft
and lint-free cloth dampened with disinfectant
Preparation Before Cleaning
Note: If the battery is contaminated, spray disinfectant on an absorbent cloth
and wipe clean. Take care not to spray the contacts or touch both contacts at
the same time with the damp cloth due to danger of short circuiting.
• Place the battery into the Universal Battery Charger II*
• Charge the battery. When the green LED illuminates,
the battery is fully charged.
• Upon completion of charging the battery, wipe the
battery with disinfectant prior to returning to use.
The batteries can either be wrapped or peel
pouched. Follow manufacturer’s instruction
for wrapping that is compatible with the
Wrapping and Labeling
* Universal Battery Charger II with firmware version 14.0 or higher is
required to charge BPL II Li-ion batteries.
• Process the battery in the STERRAD Systems following
the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Li-Ion battery has been validated with the following:
• Battery can be used immediately or stored
in accordance with hospital’s procedures.
• Rotate stock and re-charge unused batteries,
Storage and Use
STERRAD Systems and
STERRAD Systems and
Cycle (outside US)
STERRAD 200 Short cycle
STERRAD 100S Short cycle
x Never expose batteries to temperature over
60ºC/140ºF. The maximum exposure time at
60ºC/140ºF is 72 hours.
• Do not dismantle, open, or shred batteries.
For more information on the Universal Battery
Charger II, please refer to the related User’s Manual.
Limited Warranty and Disclaimer: DePuy Synthes Companies products are sold with a limited warranty to the original purchaser against defects in
workmanship and materials. Any other express or implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness, are hereby disclaimed.
Please also refer to the package insert(s) or other labeling associated with the devices identified in this sterilization guide.
CAUTION: USA Law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Some devices listed in this sterilization guide may not have been licensed in accordance with Canadian law and may not be for sale in Canada.
Please contact your sales consultant for items approved for sale in Canada.
Not all products are currently commercially available in all markets.
Manufactured or distributed by:
Synthes USA Products, LLC
1302 Wrights Lane East
West Chester, PA 19380
To Order (USA): (800) 327-6887
To Order (Canada): (855) 946-8999.
Note: For recognized manufacturer, refer to the product label.
© DePuy Synthes 2016. All rights reserved.