FT10 First-Time Setup Guide.pdf
First-Time Setup Guide
VALLEYLAB™ FT10 ENERGY PLATFORM
BEFORE YOU START You will need a laptop, Ethernet cable, and small
IMPORTANT The Valleylab™ FT10 energy platform must be set up before
use. A Configuration Mismatch error message appears on the generator
until it has been set up.
Follow the steps below to set up your generator. If you need additional help, go to
www.covidien.com/valleylabexchange, select the Valleylab™ FT10 energy platform,
and download the First-Time Setup Tutorial. For the Valleylab™ FT10 Service
Manual, go to www.BioMedConnect.com.
Installing and Configuring Valleylab™ Exchange
NOTE Do not connect the generator to your computer until instructed.
1. Go to www.covidien.com/valleylabexchange. Select the Valleylab™ FT10
energy platform on the website. Download the Valleylab™ Exchange Installer
to your desktop.
2. Locate the ValleylabExchange.exe Installer icon on your desktop. Double-click
it, and follow the prompts to install the software.
NOTE The Valleylab™ Exchange application works with the Windows
platform. For information on which operating systems are currently
supported, please refer to the Valleylab™ Exchange User’s Guide, which can
be downloaded at www.covidien.com/valleylabexchange.
3. L ocate the VLEXClient icon on your desktop and double-click it to start the
software. When the User Account Control pop-up displays, click Yes.
NOTE For first-time setup, a username and password are not required.
lick First-Time Setup located on the lower left corner of the
Valleylab™ Exchange Sign In screen. This will establish the initial
connection to the server to configure Valleylab™ Exchange.
the new window opens, verify a green indicator next to Server in the
menu on the left, and a green indicator showing Online in the lower right
6. Click Logout in the upper right corner of the screen.
7. Click the T in the upper right corner of the screen to close the Valleylab™
Exchange application. Configuration of Valleylab™ Exchange is complete; you
are now ready to setup your generator.
Please see back.
Set the Generator Location
IMPORTANT While using Valleylab™ Exchange, only one
generator may be connected to your computer.
1. Gain access to the Ethernet port through the back cover
plate of the generator. Plug the Ethernet cable into your
computer and the port at the back of the generator.
2. Plug in and turn on the Valleylab™ FT10 energy platform.
Once the generator boots up, the Configuration Mismatch
error message will display on the touchscreen.
3. Push the Service/Settings
button below the generator
4. On the touchscreen select: System, Network, then Wired
5. Once the Wired Point-to-point button is disabled and
Network Status displays RUNNING, the generator is
6. Locate the VLEXClient icon on your desktop and double-click
it to start the software.
NOTE To set the generator location, an Internet
connection is not required.
7. Click First-Time Setup.
8. When the green status bar is at 100%, click Set Country.
9. F rom the drop down list, select the country where the
generator will be used and click Apply.
For additional information or
technical support, please visit
to locate a Covidien Service Center near you
hen the green status bar is at 100%, location selection is
11. Click Logout in the upper right corner of the screen. Then
click the T in the upper right corner to close the Valleylab™
12. Disconnect the Ethernet cable and replace the back cover
plate on the generator.
NOTE First-time setup is now complete. You must restart
the generator to clear the error message prior to first use.
COVIDIEN, COVIDIEN with logo and Covidien logo are U.S. and internationally registered
trademarks of Covidien AG. Other brands are trademarks of a Covidien company.
©2015 Covidien 9.15 US150267 PT00010216 ref#205565
5920 Longbow Drive