FT10 Software Update Guide .pdf
Software Update Guide
VALLEYLAB™ FT10 GENERATOR
BEFORE YOU START You will need a laptop, Ethernet cable, and small Phillips-head
IMPORTANT Before you start a software update, you must have a Valleylab™ Exchange
username and password. To setup an account, start the Valleylab™ Exchange application
and click Create Account. It may take up to 3 business days to receive your username
Follow the steps below to set up your generator. If you need additional help, go to www.covidien.com/
valleylabexchange, select the Valleylab™ FT10 Energy Platform, and download the Software Update Tutorial.
Software Package Download
IMPORTANT You must download software packages before starting the software update. Your computer
must be connected to the Internet before launching Valleylab™ Exchange.
NOTE Do not connect the generator to your computer until instructed.
1. Locate the VLEXClient icon and double-click it to
start the software. Confirm a green indicator
showing Online mode in the lower-right corner.
2. Sign in with your username and password.
3. Deselect (uncheck) any generators you are not working
with. Click Apply. The software packages will download
4. On the Server Download screen, select Valleylab™ FT10 from
the drop-down list and click Go.
5. When the download is complete, the Package Bundle
Download Status will show Completed.
6. Click Logout in the upper-right corner
of the screen.
7. After logout is complete, click the
in the upper-right
corner of the screen to close the Valleylab™ Exchange
Please see back.
IMPORTANT While using Valleylab™ Exchange, only one generator may be connected to your computer.
1. Gain access to the Ethernet port through the back cover plate of the generator. Plug the Ethernet cable into
your computer and port at the back of the generator.
2. Turn on the Valleylab™ FT10 Energy Platform.
3. Once the generator boots up, push the Service/Settings button
below the generator touchscreen.
4. On the touchscreen select: System, Network, then
Wired Point-to-point. Once the Wired Point-topoint button is greyed out and Network Status
displays RUNNING, the generator is connected.
Network Status: RUNNING
5. Locate the VLEXClient icon on your desktop and
double-click it to start the software. Sign in with your username and password.
6. Deselect (uncheck) any generators you are not working with. Click Apply.
7. When the green status bar is at 100%, click Software
Update on the left-hand menu.When the green status
bar is at 100%, click Software Update on the lefthand menu.
8. Click Update.
A Software Update has been requested
Begin Software Update
IMPORTANT While using Valleylab™ Exchange, only one
generator may be connected to your computer.
9. When the green status bar is at 30%, “A Software
Update has been requested” will display on the
generator touchscreen. Select Begin Software Update.
NOTE If you do not select Begin Software Update within
5 minutes the software update process will time out.
10. When the green status bar is at 70%, the generator will
11. When the green status bar is at 100%, the software
update process is complete. Click Logout in the upperright corner and close the application. Disconnect the
Ethernet cable and replace the back cover plate.
For additional information or technical support, please visit http://surgical.covidien.com/service-centers
to locate a Covidien Service Center near you or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
COVIDIEN, COVIDIEN with logo and Covidien logo are U.S. and internationally registered
trademarks of Covidien AG. Other brands are trademarks of a Covidien company.
©2015 Covidien 10.15 US150763(1) ref#424268
5920 Longbow Drive