Tamper resistance feature
on the Alaris® System
The Alaris® System allows the clinician to lock-out the keypad on the Alaris® PC point-of-care
unit and all attached modules. Locking out the keypad minimizes the potential for inadvertent
changes to the infusion program.
This feature must be enabled in the System Configuration mode.
To lock the keypad – A Pump module must be infusing in order to activate this feature.
1. To Lock the Keypad: Press and hold the Tamper Resistance
Control on the rear of the Alaris® PC point-of-care unit for
2. When the keypad is locked, the clinician is notified with a
PANEL LOCKED prompt on the main screen of the Alaris® PC
Unit. The PANEL LOCKED prompt remains on the screen for
When the keypad is locked the clinician may:
• Silence an Audio Alarm
• View the Total and Pri/Sec Volume Infused
• View and test the Audio Alarm Setting.
If a clinician presses any other key or attempts to program or
edit an infusion when the keypad is locked, they are notified
by an illegal keypress audio advisory and the visual prompt
To unlock the keypad
1. To unlock the keypad: Press and hold the Tamper
Resistance Control on the rear of the Alaris® PC point-of-care
unit for 3 seconds.
2. When the keypad is unlocked, the clinician is notified with
a PANEL UNLOCKED prompt on the main screen of the
Alaris® PC Unit.
The PANEL UNLOCKED prompt remains on the screen for
* Alaris® System was formerly known as Medley® System.
Alaris® is a registered trademark of Cardinal Health, Inc. or one of
© 2001-2006 Cardinal Health, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries. All rights reserved.
Printed on recycled paper with 10% post-consumer fiber.
10221 Wateridge Circle
San Diego, CA 92121