NKV-550 Series Recruitment Assessment Tip Sheet Rev B.pdf
Starting a Recruitment Assessment (RA)
Click the RA app icon and set the Control settings
for the RA (see table).
Δ PC: 15 cmH2O
10 to 20 cmH2O
The graph will show the preview of the procedure
based on the Control settings.
I:E ratio: 1:1
4:1 to 1:299
RR: 20 bpm
10 - 25 bpm
Press the “Start” button. During the procedure, the
ventilator will ventilate the patient using the identified
Max. pressure allowed: 30 cmH2O
Control settings (in table), temporarily overriding the
PEEP change each PEEP step: 5 cmH2O
currently set ventilation settings.
- If patient effort is detected, a “Patient Effort
Detected” alarm message will be displayed.
Duration for each PEEP step: 20 sec
21 to 100%
30 - 55 cmH2O
2 - 5 cmH2O
20 to 180 sec
- A “Hold Step” button allows the clinician to extend
the time for the current PEEP Step. Pressing “Resume Step” will continue the procedure.
- If the procedure needs to be stopped prior to being completed, press the “End” button.
- Follow the warnings and precautions in the device operator manual to ensure the safety of
the procedure operation.
Conclusion of the Recruitment Assessment
When completed, the ventilator will resume normal
ventilation and display the following results:
- PEEP: the measured PEEP at the highest compliance.
- Recruitable volume: the change in tidal volume (Vt)
between the Vt at the highest compliance during the
decremental portion of the procedure and the Vt at
the same PEEP level during the incremental portion of
- Gain in compliance: the change in compliance
between the highest compliance during the
decremental portion of the procedure and the
compliance at the same PEEP level during the
incremental portion of the procedure.
The clinician can study the relationship between PEEP and
various other parameters (e.g., compliance, SpO2, EtCO2).
Do not perform a Recruitment Assessment if:
- Patient is alert and not sedated
- Patient is not on invasive ventilation
- Patient’s hemodynamic or respiratory
conditions are unstable or become unstable
Nihon Kohden University is a registered trademark
of Nihon Kohden. Exceptional Solutions, Simply
Delivered is a trademark of Nihon Kohden.
VTSI 002 [B] - CO-2456
For 24/7 ventilator support, please call
1-855-550-VENT or email email@example.com